immobilisé, day 3

I blame most of it on being called into work on Saturday.

Ordinarily, I stand a pretty good chance of landing in a "valley" after a "peak" such as my trip to Spain. Good times can't last indefinitely, my brain tells me. If I could have spent Saturday napping and leisurely getting ready for the two Christmas parties I was expected at that night, it might have turned out differently. I might have had some more fun. Instead, I got home from work exhausted and fell asleep at 8:30 p.m. I turned off my phone, crawled into bed, and slept for 14h.

Monday, I not only missed work but also medical tests necessary for an upcoming procedure (a procedure that's causing me inordinate amounts of stress). But yesterday's small miracle was that I had a shower and brushed my teeth. Baby steps.

Today, I'm literally forcing myself to go get those missed medical tests from yesterday and head to work after that. I have Cyndi Lauper to look forward to with Jason. Baby steps.

Comments

toobusyliving said…
I know what would cheer you up Lloyd - some catalogues in your mailbox when you get home - everyone likes mail! :)
Anonymous said…
toobusyliving is HILARIOUS! poor mloyd.......and Cyndi Lauper is still alive??????

you too are gayer than gay. fyi.

good luck with the med test mloyd...hugs.
I night out with Jason will do you wonders. He's always full of positive energy and positive thoughts. Remember if you're sad or down in the dumps it always best to cheer up!
Anonymous said…
Mloyd.... you just need to keep up the Spanish lifestyle... disco naps from in the evening before going out.

Popular posts from this blog

the drum beats out of time

rich Corinthian leather

Sex Talk with Phyllis Levy