Happy Birthday, Queen Victoria

This Cagaydian is glad he had a holiday today in your honour. And he tries not to immediately associate your reign with the "ring" named after your late husband; rather, he pictures pretty Victorian houses in Cabbagetown with lilacs in full bloom.

I had a great week. I exercised five times--a frequency I haven't seen in years--and feel a lot better. I lost a pound, but losing weight isn't my primary focus. (Indeed, I should hope that my activities* built up some muscle mass, thereby reducing the net loss of weight.) I'm sleeping better, more alert in the morning, eating less, and not feeling so guilty about "wasting" the gym membership.

Oh, and if you haven't seen the movie in the picture, I highly recommend it.

* swimming, resistance training, cardio, swimming, resistance training

Comments

George Larson said…
About god-damned time. The blogiverse was waiting while you were perspiring beads of gay sweat.

Will straight white American menfolks like this movie?
Butchie said…
Yes, my friend from the north! Happy Canadia Day!
car@ said…
HELLLOOOOOO!!! happy happy day to all canadian!!!! :-*
tornwordo said…
Sounds like a week well spent. I'll have to check out that film sometime. It will surely put spouse to sleep though.
Anonymous said…
Cagadian?

That's like Spanish for: Is Dian shitting?
Anonymous said…
It's not Canadia day! You will have to wait until 01 July.
Timmy said…
glad to see you are back! missed ya!
Anonymous said…
George,
'starring Judi Dench' should give you enough of a clue
Unknown said…
straight american WOMYN do
The Persian said…
I loved that film, so very moving. It was nice to hear the Old Bat was a little human :)
madamerouge said…
um, it's Dame Judi Dench, and she was nominated for a Best Actress Oscar for her performance (and I think I've just proved Indygirl's point)

AG: for demonstrating solid knowledge of Canadian statuatory holidays... 100 bonus points.
Anonymous said…
There you go with your titles again!
Jason said…
Keep up the good work at the gym.
toobusyliving said…
Good work at the gym...has the "steamroom" etiquette/scene changed much in the months that you've been away?
madamerouge said…
nah, it's still the same... you never get "privacy" when you need it

I do likes me a good shvitz, though
Butchie said…
I gotta take a shvitz.

Popular posts from this blog

the drum beats out of time

rich Corinthian leather

Sex Talk with Phyllis Levy