Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Simpsons episode 3F06

Just because...

  • it's a classic
  • I referred to it last week
  • I can't stop thinking about it


    Homer: "Damn you, Walt Whitman! I-hate-you-Walt-freakin'-Whitman! Leaves of Grass my ass!"

    Sgt Friday: "Are you sure this is the woman you saw in the post office?"
    Burns: "Absolutely! Who could forget such a monstrous visage? She has the sloping brow and cranial bumpage of the career criminal."
    Smithers: "Uh, Sir? Phrenology was dismissed as quackery 160 years ago."
    Burns: (measuring Smithers' head) "Of course you'd say that... you have the brainpan of a stagecoach tilter!"

    Just because... the show has been biting lately, hard. I watch out of loyalty--and end up disappointed or wandering off to do other things. I prefer to remember the good times.
  • 6 comments:

    Jason said...

    I stopped watching the Simpsons a long time ago.

    Carrie said...

    I LOVE THE SIMPSONS

    madamerouge said...

    Jimmy stopped doing a lot of things a long time ago.

    Normlr said...

    My favourite line is from the episode where Homer creates a gossip web site, is kidnapped, and taken to The Island (from The Prisoner TV show).

    Number 2: Why did you think a big balloon would stop people?
    Scientist: Shut up! That's why!

    Unfortunately the show kinda sucks now.

    Dead Robot said...

    I've moved on to Futurama for it's geeky goodness.

    Crucible said...

    The Simpsons rule, MR. Although like you, I prefer the older seasons. I've been a fan since the Tracy Ulman show. It peaked early but fortunately the decline was very slow. I still watch but only get the occasional guffaw now. Sigh.