The part of Canada I grew up in (mentioned in a post from February ) was pretty remote. Dealing with my sexuality in such a setting was awful in the 1980s, and I'm sure it's not much easier now. But in 1986 (when I was 16), I had a voice coming through my radio that gave me hope and made me feel slightly less alone. That voice belonged to Phyllis Levy , who hosted a show on WLS 890 out of Chicago called Sex Talk . I could receive WLS fairly reliably at night, despite the fact that Chicago was about 1050 km / 650 miles away (SSE, as the crow flies). It was AM radio, and I would keep it on low volume in my room. Phyllis Levy had the kindest voice, and a great sense of humour. I remember laughing when, discussing penile desensitization (from excessive friction), she exclaimed, "omigod, you guys! Be careful out there !" I would give anything to hear her voice again. I wasn't able to Google up much on her... so Phyllis, this one's for you.
City hall apparently thinks that no one in Toronto needs a car. Most car-owners will effectively see their annual registration / licensing fees increase by 80% .* Bad car owners! Bad! Don't you know that the TTC will magically transport you anywhere you want to go, in a 100% stress-free environment? The TTC never goes on strike , and its operators are hardly ever unpleasant. BAD CAR OWNERS! BAD! And when you're not taking the TTC, you can walk. The weather is never inclement. Or hey, ride a bicycle! You won't be breathing in any pollution or particulate matter, because the public transit system is so efficient, hardly anyone drives! Heck, they're eventually going to rip down the rest of the Gardiner Expressway . We're on the verge of using matter-energy transport. Or flying carpets. Who needs cars? Bring on the $60 annual Personal Vehicle Tax! That'll learn them right-wing, conservative, car-drivin' rednecks up real nice! (They're...
During a nap yesterday at my parents' house, I woke up with a pang of anxiety and realized how much money I'm wasting on my gym membership (considering that I never go). A quick check in my 2005 planner confirms that my last visit to the gym was exactly six months ago today. (Blogging started about 8.5 months ago.) This means I've wasted $545.70. Something's gotta give. So, for a week, I'm going to attempt to cut blogging out of my life and insert exercise in its place. With any luck, I'll be able to reintroduce blogging once I'm burning fuel more efficiently and sleeping more soundly.
Comments
"I'm firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule." -- Randall