The part of Canada I grew up in (mentioned in a post from February ) was pretty remote. Dealing with my sexuality in such a setting was awful in the 1980s, and I'm sure it's not much easier now. But in 1986 (when I was 16), I had a voice coming through my radio that gave me hope and made me feel slightly less alone. That voice belonged to Phyllis Levy , who hosted a show on WLS 890 out of Chicago called Sex Talk . I could receive WLS fairly reliably at night, despite the fact that Chicago was about 1050 km / 650 miles away (SSE, as the crow flies). It was AM radio, and I would keep it on low volume in my room. Phyllis Levy had the kindest voice, and a great sense of humour. I remember laughing when, discussing penile desensitization (from excessive friction), she exclaimed, "omigod, you guys! Be careful out there !" I would give anything to hear her voice again. I wasn't able to Google up much on her... so Phyllis, this one's for you.
City hall apparently thinks that no one in Toronto needs a car. Most car-owners will effectively see their annual registration / licensing fees increase by 80% .* Bad car owners! Bad! Don't you know that the TTC will magically transport you anywhere you want to go, in a 100% stress-free environment? The TTC never goes on strike , and its operators are hardly ever unpleasant. BAD CAR OWNERS! BAD! And when you're not taking the TTC, you can walk. The weather is never inclement. Or hey, ride a bicycle! You won't be breathing in any pollution or particulate matter, because the public transit system is so efficient, hardly anyone drives! Heck, they're eventually going to rip down the rest of the Gardiner Expressway . We're on the verge of using matter-energy transport. Or flying carpets. Who needs cars? Bring on the $60 annual Personal Vehicle Tax! That'll learn them right-wing, conservative, car-drivin' rednecks up real nice! (They're...
Last month, Riss tagged me with a meme. Yes, I'm just getting to it now. You may find it hard to believe, but it took a while for me to put together a list of six weird things about me . When I'm making a sandwich, the mustard cannot touch the cheese. I'm 6'4" but unless I hit my head on something, I usually go through the day not realizing how tall I am. I also "get the picture" when I see tall actors (like Tom Selleck, Vince Vaughn, or John Corbett) on television or in a movie dwarfing the people they're next to. I am terrified of submerged objects. The idea of a reef or a shoal is really scary to me. I grew up around water and know my way around a boat... perhaps it's a healthy fear. I find it extremely difficult to fall asleep without white noise (fan, air conditioner, etc.) and three pillows. (I'm a side-sleeper: one pillow goes under my head; the second underneath whatever arm is the upper arm; the third goes between my knees....
Comments
And fall...
And JAZZ HANDS!
And JAZZ HANDS
And Depends.
Dumb. Who puts their one leg up when they're falling? That's the time when you need two legs most.
Question: If they gave him fingers, why didn't they give him toes?
the legs look like a big mouth opening...