starting the Dukan Diet

After a long weekend of immobilisé (and a life-long battle with emotional eating, I decided to take action: I embarked on The Dukan Diet.

I began making preparations earlier this week. I sought advice from a friend who lost 50 lbs on Dukan. I purchased the book, an electronic scale, and some kit items to bring my attack & cruise phase lunches to work. After reading the first couple of chapters, I had enough information to go grocery shopping.

(I'm such an assimilator.)

I began the diet this morning. I'm not hungry, and I feel fine... for the most part. (I briefly daydreamed about freshly-baked bread with butter, and when a coworker announced they were going on a coffee run, I jokingly put in an order for a mixing bowl full of doughnut holes, a quart of homogenized milk, and a big spoon.)

That's the problem, right there: I'm a carb & fat addict. I realized this over Christmas, when I read The End of Overeating by Dr. David Kessler. I've put in an honest effort (cutting sugar from my coffee, trying my best to exercise) but when you're 40-something, things get more difficult.

Back to the diet... I made Angus top sirloin steak for dinner! Fat-free Greek yogurt makes an excellent substitute for sour cream — even if there's no baked potato to be found.

I can't promise regular updates (heck, I can't even seem to check my dashboard and moderate my comments! sorry about that) but I felt compelled to document this journey on something other than the notebook I'm carrying around with me.

STARTING BODY STATISTICS
weight 252.4 lbs
28% body fat (too high, according to the guide that came with the scale)
55.2% water weight (too low)
34.6% muscle mass (too low)
3.6% bone mass (too low)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the drum beats out of time

rich Corinthian leather

Sex Talk with Phyllis Levy